Thursday, December 20, 2007

Recovery

Uuuuuggghhhh.

I don’t know any other word to better describe how I’m feeling right now. Ladybug’s fever finally broke in the middle of the night Tuesday, and yesterday she was back to her usual self plus some. I guess she was making up for the time she lost sidelined by sickness.

I’m glad she’s feeling better. I’m very much relieved. But I’m oh-so-tired. She may have recovered, but I haven’t gotten over the round-the-clock nursing sessions. To make matters worse, I woke up this morning with a hint of a sore throat and intermittent sneezing. Lovely.

But if I have to get sick, it couldn’t come at a better time. My parents arrive from out-of-town tomorrow night, and they’ll be here about a week. I know that’s selfish of me to be thankful for the timing of their visit; after all, they could end up getting sick too. But I’ll blame my lack of regard on fatigue rather than an inherent character flaw.

Between now and their arrival in less than 36 hours, I have some final cleaning touch-ups and disinfecting to do. I still have to run to the grocery store too and, if I have enough energy left, plan to make my dad a chocolate meringue pie to mark his birthday.

Oh, I have a feeling I’m going to collapse the minute they walk in the door.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home