Wednesday, October 24, 2007

Anatomically, correct

Eyes, nose, mouth, ears, cheek, chin, throat and hair – ask Ladybug where they are, and she can point to the correct body part, even pronounce a couple of them. Knees, on the other hand, continue to pose a problem. Somewhere along the way, Ladybug got “knee” confused with “hiney.” I don’t know how it happened, but it makes for an interesting round of “Head, Shoulders, Knees and Toes.”

Then the other day, without any prompting, Ladybug corrected herself. It just happened that her Eureka moment came in the middle of the mall.

Ladybug was walking beside me holding my hand when all of a sudden she broke away and ran to a storefront window trimmed in Christmas lights. Ladybug watched in amazement as a store employee on the other side of the glass dressed a mannequin. Then the employee bent over to pick up a scarf, her backside toward us.

“Hiney!” Ladybug yelled, smacking the glass where the young lady’s derriere was.

I doubled over in laughter, almost falling to my hineys. Oops, I mean knees.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is so funny! I can't wait for my son to talk and do things like that. Kids say and do the funniest stuff.

October 26, 2007 at 7:09 AM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

So true! Their antics can certainly brighten up even the worst day.

October 26, 2007 at 11:21 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So funny :) !!
k

October 27, 2007 at 2:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home