Wednesday, October 3, 2007

The mommy calendar

Our Christmas gift to the grandparents last year was a calendar. Not your run-of-the-mill blue sky and kitty cats calendar, but a genuine, one-of-a-kind Ladybug calendar. Each month features a collage of photos of Ladybug in a variety of poses – playing in the inflatable pool for August, dressed in a Hershey Kiss Halloween costume for October, wearing a Mrs. Claus dress in front of the Christmas tree for December.

We kept a copy of the calendar for ourselves but since I’ve become a stay-at-home mom, I haven’t had to use it much. It’s not because I don’t need it but rather because I never know what day it is. Time has a way of flying when you don’t have to be anywhere in particular.

And it’s relatives that get the short end of the stick in my inability to keep track of the days. Wasn’t it just last weekend that I called my grandfather? Nope, that was three weeks ago. Didn’t we just do a Webcam with the grandparents a couple days ago? No, it was probably more like a month ago, maybe even longer.

These days, the only way I know a significant amount of time has passed is when we start to run low on baby supplies: Out of formula? One week has passed. Only a handful of diapers left? It must be a new month. Baby shampoo running on E? Six weeks gone by.

So now as I start assembling the photos for next year’s Ladybug calendar, I’m setting my New Year’s resolution. I will do a better job at keeping track of the days.

January 1 is still a ways off, isn’t it?

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home