Saturday, September 29, 2007

Double bubble trouble

As much as Ladybug loves her bath, she hates having her hair washed. So I decided to try a new product that was a bubbly two-in-one concoction of body wash and shampoo. I figured she’d be so distracted by the white foam that filled the tub that I’d be able to lather up her head before she realized what I was doing.

At least half of that equation was right. She was mesmerized by the blanket of bubbles that hid the bathtub floor. She delighted in reaching under the growing fluff and pulling out a hidden squeezy fish and handing it to me.

We went through this cycle four or five times before I realized I didn’t recognize the last squishy toy in my hand. Or the next one she was holding out to me. Was that Play-Doh? How in the world did it get in the tub, I wondered as I balled it up in my hand.

Um, it wasn’t Play-Doh.

Every inch of me wanted to jump up and shake the wad from my hand and yell, “Gross, gross, grossssssssss!” But I had to be an adult about it, so I tried to pretend it was just a chocolate cupcake I was holding and only a brownie I was taking from Ladybug.

I dumped the pair in the toilet and washed my hands, nonchalantly settling back down next to the tub to play with Ladybug. This time, though, I wasn’t accepting toys.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I could have gone the rest of the day not hearing that your child took a crap in the tub! I wonder if you are ever going to stop complaining about motherhood, people have done for how many years and you seem to always complain about you daughter.I hate to see you with a another child if you cant take the heat then dont have children lady!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

October 1, 2007 at 7:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Anonymous -- Thanks for reading ... even if it is incorrectly between the lines.

October 1, 2007 at 8:57 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Michelle don't let post like the original get you down. I don't get how you are complaining about your daughter or motherhood. I trully enjoy your post they are genuine facts about the day in the life of a toddler. My youngest isn't there yet but have been through it three times before over eight years ago.
P.S. I have had that accident happen to me twice. VERY GROSS!!!

October 1, 2007 at 1:19 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Anonymous poster #2, thanks for your kind words -- and for seeing the postings for what they are.

October 1, 2007 at 5:49 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home