Saturday, September 29, 2007

Victory!

I can’t believe it – I finally got Ladybug’s toenails cut.

All 10 of them.

All at the same time.

I know, I know. It’s a weird thing to celebrate. But if you had seen how my husband and I had struggled to just cut one, you’d understand my joy. Most of Ladybug’s toenails were so long and oddly shaped her feet looked like Rorschach ink blots. We even had a joke whenever Ladybug stumbled: “Did you trip over your toenails again?”

But when I sat her on the bathroom counter to brush her teeth, she reached for the toenail clipper. I asked her if she wanted me to show her how it worked. When she said yes, I clipped the big toe. She was so in awe of the arch of nail that flew onto the counter, that I managed to get the other four toes done without her noticing. To keep her distracted so I could finish the other foot, I put the pile of clippings next to her.

Yep, totally gross. But yep, totally effective.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home