Saturday, December 22, 2007

Heart warming

A few months back my husband was feeling a bit neglected by Ladybug. She shunned his hugs and kisses and would literally push him away with a firm “No!” if he started to get too close. I, on the other hand, was completely smothered by affection from her.

Then one night as she was getting ready to go to bed, she nonchalantly sauntered over to my husband at his computer and said, “I wuv ewe.” It was the first time she had ever said it, and we were both overjoyed. I waited for her to turn around and say it to me, too, but I would have to wait until last week – almost two months later – before I heard the same words.

We were driving to the grocery store when, out of the blue, Ladybug shouted from the back seat, “Wuv ewe Daddy!”

“What about Mommy?” he asked.

“I wuv ewe Mommy!”

Sentimental sap that I am, I started crying.

“I wuv ewe Mommy! I wuv ewe Mommy!” she belted out over and over.

Isn’t it funny how those four words can just melt your heart?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes, those are the best words ever. They warm my heart every time I hear them from my kids. My baby said them recently, but only once so I think he didn't really know what he was saying I still cried though.
I love it when my 15 yr old son says it. He doesn't say it often so it is extra special.
Have a Merry Christmas!

December 23, 2007 at 10:37 AM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

I can only imagine it gets better as they get older, particularly when they start to understand the concept of love. Hope you had a wonderful Christmas!

December 26, 2007 at 7:55 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home