Sunday, December 30, 2007

Same ol', same ol'

If there’s one thing you can count on when family visits – and I really do mean this in the nicest way – it’s that routine goes out the window.

I can count on one hand the number of naps Ladybug took during my parents’ weeklong stay this past week. The number of cookies she ate, well, that probably requires all of my fingers and toes.

With us so far away from both sides of our families, the quarterly visits are a break from the ordinary. And of course that means putting all of our good habits and daily rituals on hold.

My four-mile runs stopped. Veggies disappeared from our diets, unless you count the toppings on our daily pizzas. Sleep wasn’t a priority; Guitar Hero was.

I’m not regretting it, though. It was fun. And goodness knows you need a dose of that every once in a while.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home