Tuesday, June 5, 2007

The hardest goodbye

After 10 days at home with Ladybug, I’m back to work. And I have to say, today is one of my hardest days.

Not because of the hundreds of unread emails in my inbox, or the inches-thick pile of mail sitting next to my desk, or the line of colleagues needing to talk to me about the next project. It’s because I’m away from Ladybug.

Those days at home were the most time we’ve spent together since my maternity leave more than a year ago. Working full time, I only see Ladybug about two hours a day during the week.

Oh, I’m sure there are mothers out there rolling their eyes and saying, “I wish I only had to deal with my kids two hours a day.” And who knows? Maybe I’ll be one of those mothers one day.

But today I’m at work, drowning in misery that there’s no one running behind me, waving their arms and screeching, “Hey you!”

Well, actually there are, but they’re about three times taller and calling me for all the wrong reasons.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember being at home for a week with just me and my daughter, and telling you upon my return that she "put in my two-week notice." I'll never forget the expression on your face.
Hang in there :)
kks

June 5, 2007 at 3:02 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Ha! I remember that! And I remember how you'd drag yourself into work, dark circles under your eyes, complaining how tired you were. Now that I've worn those shoes, I'll be a much more understanding boss in the future. ; )

June 6, 2007 at 9:04 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home