Thursday, November 8, 2007

Missing out

Ladybug never sucked her thumb. She never had a lovie. And she never looked back on the pacifier when I took it away at six months after she crammed the whole thing in her mouth, handle and all.

I was starting to feel like I was missing out on typical toddler behavior. And then one day we sat down to dinner, and Ladybug refused to eat the chopped chicken on her plate. The next morning, it was the pancakes and oatmeal. At lunch it was the rice. I rejoiced. I have a picky eater!!!!!!

Ladybug’s menu these last few weeks has been restricted to scrambled Egg Beaters, sliced or shredded cheese and a limited assortment of fruits. I’ve tried to slip in a whole grain English muffin or a chicken quesadilla on whole wheat tortillas here and there, but they end up on the floor as soon as I put them in front of her.

I won’t fight it. I’ll enjoy Ladybug’s current obsession and accept it for what it is. And I’ll rejoice in the fact that it isn’t macaroni and cheese she’s craving.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

2 Comments:

Blogger Mimi Rankin Webb said...

it might be a short-lived picky-eater moment!!!
i have one that shares her exact behavior in the eating department & its usually because he is teething massively- once he got used to the problem teeth, though, he is right back to shoveling in everything he can get his hands on!!!
enjoy the moment! & remember- just because a child doesnt do things like the majority, doesnt mean she doesnt have her own version of toddlerhood & milestones!!! they may be different & more special because of it!

November 9, 2007 at 10:30 AM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

We managed to squeeze in pizza last night. I gave her a flat wrap and let her pour some sauce on it and then decorate it with shredded cheese. I cooked it just long enough for the cheese to melt, and she devoured the whole thing. Maybe having her help with the "cooking" made her more interested in eating. We'll see where it goes today ...

November 12, 2007 at 5:26 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home