Wednesday, November 7, 2007

Judge not

One day not so long ago as I was folding clothes at the dining room table, I commented proudly to my husband that I’ve been able to keep Ladybug’s clothes stain-free and ultra white. I then added that I didn’t understand how other parents couldn’t do the same.

Judge not lest ye be judged.

I am now on the receiving end of my own criticism, unable to find a shirt that doesn’t have the remnants of strawberry juice sopped up with cuffs and sleeves, or pants without evidence of Ladybug’s slips on the grass. I’m starting to think I’m Spray ‘n Wash’s best customer.

But I’ve got a new strategy: pink flowered tops and blue jeans. Spilled strawberry juice looks like petals from a distance. And dark jeans, well, they hide just about everything.

The only giveaway of stains these days are Ladybug’s streaked white shoes. But a run through a mud puddle will take care of that. They’ll look like brown suede, at least from far away.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

4 Comments:

Blogger Mimi Rankin Webb said...

oxy-clean!!!! it's going to be our best friend for the next 5 years at least, possibly longer! i have a seperate bucket to soak babyclothes in, and it almost always is full of oxyclean & warm water & clothes- & it really works & gets the stains out-even weird unknown origin stains...give it a try- you dont have to use oxyclean baby, either-use the adult variety- i buy mine by the big container at sams-cause i NEED it!!!!seriously, though, it always seems to work!!!!

November 7, 2007 at 9:32 AM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

I had previously tried it but it didn't remove a single stain. I did the soaking thing too. It was disappointing because I had such high hopes for it, particularly for a favorite blouse that got mildewed. But even food stains didn't come out. Maybe it was our water; it's pretty crappy.

November 8, 2007 at 9:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i sometimes soak some things for a day or so just in case- i also will use a full scoop & warm water-it gets the icky diaper over-flow out, and even got rust stains from a favorite dollie's clothes once! am not sure what would get mildew out, though- thats not an easy task in itself-but if i have weird stains, i will run an internet search & see what comes up usually!

November 10, 2007 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

I think the mildew is in there for good. I tried every suggestion I could find on the internet, from vinegar to lemon juice to bathroom cleaner, and nothing worked. Unfortunately I'm just going to have to accept the shirt is ruined. The bright side is it doesn't smell like mildew, so I could still wear it under a sweater!

November 12, 2007 at 5:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home