Monday, November 12, 2007

Tick tock

This whole daylight saving thing is really wearing me out. It’s been more than week since we’ve turned the clocks back an hour, but Ladybug’s inner timepiece still hasn’t reset itself. For the last five days, she’s woken us up at 6:15 a.m. – almost two hours earlier than usual. The three days before that, it was 5:30 a.m.

Getting up early isn't the problem. I mean, I had to get up at that time when I was working. It's just that I wasn't mentally -- or physically, for that matter -- prepared to have two additional hours with a toddler who can't have me out of her sight one second, even if it means she sits on the floor in front of the toilet while I go to the bathroom. So, 120 extra minutes is really a big deal.

At first I thought those early risings would have her conked out by dinner, but I soon found out she’s still raring to go hours later. It’s taken some monumental effort on my part to have her in bed by 7:30 p.m. For some reason, she has been overly hyper this past week. She won’t even sit through her favorite Little Einsteins episode. So I’ve been trying to squeeze even more physical activity into our day, including a ¼-mile pre-nap walk and another one after dinner.

I’m sure she could walk at least twice as far if I let her, but getting up with the sun has sapped my energy. If this continues much longer, I’m not going to wait for spring to turn the clocks ahead.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home