Thursday, January 10, 2008

Beethoven's top hit

Da, da, da, duhhhh …

If I never hear the opening notes to Beethoven’s Symphony No. 5 again, it won’t hurt my feelings. I have gotten a lifetime’s worth of that introduction in the last few weeks. Ladybug has figured out her stereo, and Beethoven has been her choice for the “repeat” button.

Last month I walked in on her while she was “conducting” a Beethoven air orchestra. She was waving her yellow plastic xylophone wand around like a conductor’s baton, bouncing up and down on the tips of her toes and punctuating every few notes with a cry of “Oh, no!” It all made for what my husband calls a “You Tube Moment.”

I don't know what it is about this particular piece that has Ladybug so infatuated. But she's always asking for it, and her requests for "Da Da Da" have no boundaries: in the bathtub, in the grocery store, during our walk around the block. And, of course, at night.

Normally, I would turn off the stereo when Ladybug falls asleep. But given all of our sleeping issues recently, I'm kind of forced (i.e. Ladybug will scream if I touch the stereo) to let it play nonstop throughout the night.

And seeing as how our bedroom borders her nursery, we're kind of forced to hear it throughout the night: Da, da, da …. Oh, wait, isn’t that a scratch on the CD?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home