Saturday, January 19, 2008

Spinach pancakes

So as I attempt to wean Ladybug off of formula by her second birthday next month, I’ve been trying to get creative in getting more fruits, veggies and whole grains in her diet. If you’ve been keeping up with our daily adventures, you know the challenge that has been posing recently.

Nonetheless, Ladybug has welcomed a few new additions: blueberry smoothies, oatmeal cookies (that counts as a grain, right?) that case of mandarin oranges she refused to eat a couple weeks ago. And tonight: yummy-yummy spinach pancakes.

Seriously, they’re deee-licious.

The recipe came from a book my parents gave me for Christmas that uses a variety of fruit and vegetable purees in kids’ favorite foods. The pancakes were actually double chocolate chip made with a puree of spinach and blueberries and a blend of white flour, whole grain flour, wheat germ and unsweetened cocoa. It sounds gross, but they actually tasted like brownies. (Yeah, they had to pass the mommy taste test.)

Ladybug scarfed them down with a glass of whole milk, and I couldn’t be happier. Next up: macaroni and cheese with cauliflower.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey..I know that this was posted back in January, but what book are you talking about? I would love to get my hands on it as my 15 month old daughter is extremely picky and is having texture issues when eating a lot of things. I'm always looking for "combo" recipes!

July 17, 2008 at 7:22 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home