Sunday, July 15, 2007

The longest two-week notice

I’ve been feeling a little down the last week or so.

I’ve only got a few days left before I leave work to become a stay-at-home mom.
I’m not blue because I’m ending my career. I’m in the dumps because time … is … dragging … oh … so … slow.

I want these last days to hurry up and be over so I can get on with my new life.
Each night I sigh as I set the alarm clock. Another day of work tomorrow.

For those who know me, this is strange behavior. I mean, I loved my job.

So it was only natural that a colleague would send me an email encouraging me to make the most of my after-work life. Cut the ties and move on, she told me. Don’t worry about what happens at the paper, she said.

Not to fear. I’ve already let go.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home