Wednesday, August 22, 2007

A day in the life, Part 2

So with lunch behind us and no morning nap, I figured I’d try again to get Ladybug to lay down. She didn’t put up a fight; she just stretched out and put her hands behind her head as she settled in for what looked like would be a long nap.

I figured I’d take advantage of the down time as well. I crashed onto the sofa and fell asleep. It wasn’t for very long though. Somewhere in the back of my mind, in a faraway voice, I heard Ladybug talking.

“I can’t believe she’s still not asleep,” I thought as I dragged myself to the nursery to see what she was babbling about.

Ladybug was standing up on her tiptoes. She had wedged herself into the corner of the crib – the only dry spot on her bed. It took me a minute to understand what had happened. I quickly ran through the sequence of events – Did I accidentally hand her a sippy cup when I put her down for a nap? Did she have a teething ring that broke? But it all made sense when I saw her diaper poking out from under a pile of stuffed animals encircled by three piles of poop.

I sighed. Why does so much of my day involve poop?

I spent the next several hours cleaning up the mess and disinfecting everything that had come in contact with the diaper strays. I guess the bright side to all of this was I didn’t have to worry about finding things to keep us occupied. Suddenly, we had plenty to do.

To share your thoughts and read other comments, click HERE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember thinking after my first daughter was born..when you have a new baby so much is about what goes in and what comes out IN DETAIL. You need to know what they are drinking, how much and what times. You need to know what comes out, color, frequency, texture (balls or soft or normal or diarehea) and how much. You will never be so involved in bodily functions than when you have a child. My child so owes me some diaper changes.

August 22, 2007 at 9:55 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Yeah, you have to get over the embarrassment real quick. Luckily we had a pediatrician who made the transition easy. As we were describing a string of particularly yucky incidents, she said, "Oh, you've got a master blaster." Not only does Ladybug owe us some diaper changes, she also owes us a pillow that we had to throw out when hurricane-force winds ripped through her bum and blew out what was in her diaper.

August 24, 2007 at 6:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home