Monday, August 20, 2007

A good idea but ...

A friend read about my predicament of not knowing what to do to keep Ladybug occupied and offered a thought: Make a “sandbox” using rice, hide things in it and let Ladybug dig for them. She added that she had never tried it.

Well, duh. If she had, she wouldn’t have suggested it.

In my friend’s defense, I did initially say it was a great idea. And I did originally think Ladybug would love it.

But when the first thing she did was scoop up a fistful of uncooked rice and shove it in her mouth, I knew this wasn’t a good idea. My doubt was solidified with each handful that got flung in every direction. There was rice everywhere – under the sofa, in the carpet, between her stuffed animals in the nursery.

And then it occurred to me: Maybe my friend meant for this to be an outside activity.

Well, duh.

To share your thoughts and read other comments, click HERE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG!!! I am so sorry! But I laugh :)
kks

August 20, 2007 at 6:41 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

No hard feelings. At least, not now .... ; )

August 21, 2007 at 6:09 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home