Thursday, August 9, 2007

This makes it all worthwhile

Ladybug hasn’t been sleeping well. I don’t know if it’s because she’s teething (I can see two tiny teeth trying to break through) or if she’s thinking I have to go back to work soon and therefore is just trying to absorb every moment with me.

Whatever the case, she won’t take her usual two-hour midmorning nap. And 7:30 bedtimes are about as obsolete. But I try anyway.

In one of my attempts to get Ladybug to take a nap the other day, I put her in her crib with some toys. I then lay down on the sofa in the neighboring room to try to catch some sleep myself. Just as I was dozing off, Ladybug started to wail. I rushed in to try to soothe her.

As I held her and gently rocked her back and forth, she quieted down. But as soon as I tried to put her in her crib or down on the floor, she started crying again. So I kept holding her and headed back to the couch. I curled up in the corner, Ladybug’s head on my shoulder, her feet dangling between my knees, and wrapped a blanket around us.

She didn’t fall asleep. But she stayed like that for at least 30 minutes, smiling at me every time I turned my head toward her to see if she had nodded off. We could have sat and snuggled like that all afternoon but my husband walked by and accidentally kicked one of Ladybug’s singing pots.

The spell was broken.

To share your thoughts and read other comments, click HERE.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Teething ... hang in there!
J went through this phase of skipping her mid-morning nap (it was my favorite nap of hers!), so I upped her mid-afternoon nap a couple hours and put her to bed an hour or so earlier. Good luck with this transition.
kks

August 9, 2007 at 2:44 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Mid-afternoon nap?! We haven't had one of those in nearly a year!

August 14, 2007 at 8:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home