Monday, October 8, 2007

A welcome gift

“How’s it going?” my neighbor asked yesterday as I ran after Ladybug, who had taken a detour on her way to the front steps to chase after a small dog.

“Oh, we’re having a hard day,” I replied breathlessly as I tried to free an arm to grab Ladybug. It wasn’t an easy task considering I again thought it was more practical to carry the diaper bag, my purse, a drink, Ladybug’s sippy cup, play phone and stray toys as individual items rather than to stuff them into one carry-all. One day I’ll learn.

“What happened?” she asked.

“Well, let’s just say you know it’s never good when the manager of the grocery store gives you a balloon to help you calm down your child.”

“Been there, done that,” my neighbor said with a knowing nod of her head.

Welcome to toddlerhood.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry you had a rough day. Hopefully Ladybug will crash a little early tonight and you can get some rest. Those nights are rare, but it's always nice to wish ... :)
kks

October 8, 2007 at 3:07 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Believe it or not, I did get in bed early -- around 10 p.m. (yes, that's early in our household). But that doesn't count when you have to get up at 5 a.m. ...

October 9, 2007 at 6:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home