Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Franglais, and then some

Since my mother-in-law has been visiting us, there hasn’t been much English spoken at home. Everything has been in French.

Ladybug has even gotten in on the game, replying “oui” instead of “yes” and asking “ça va?” instead of her trademark “howwadoo-wing?”

Usually I can trace the origins of her newest words to something said earlier in the day, but I’m stumped by the latest addition to her vocabulary.

She was gathering up her squeezie fish bath toys the other day and started saying, “Bubba, Bubba, Bubba.”

I’m thinking it has to do something with her Louisiana roots. Unlike me and my husband, she was born here.

I’m now waiting for the next new word. You wanna bet it’ll be “Boudreaux?”

2 Comments:

Blogger Major Mom said...

I bet she was thinking, "Bubble! Bubble! Bubble!" ;-)

June 13, 2007 at 12:27 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

Yeah, let's just hope so!

June 14, 2007 at 7:13 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home