Saturday, July 28, 2007

Wasn't that fun?

I'm tired but I can’t sleep. I down cup after cup of coffee to keep me going through the day, and then I’m up all night. When I finally get to bed, I toss and turn for hours. It would be one thing if Ladybug was a late riser, but at 7 a.m. on the nose she’s awake. That’s not too bad, except that it’s usually 4 a.m. before I finally drift off.

When she woke up this morning, I was so tired I couldn’t even drag myself to the coffee maker. I changed her diaper and fed her a bottle, then I closed the door of the nursery and let her play. I was there with her, mind you. I was just curled up in a ball on the floor, a pile of diapers as my pillow and her baby blanket draped around my shoulders.

I lay like that for three hours while she pulled clothes out of her drawers, stuck blocks in my ears, bopped me on the head with her plastic telephone and played peek-a-boo with my blanket.

I was the ultimate playmate without even trying.

Check out the comments and share yours by clicking HERE
.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home