Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Survival of the spittest

You should know by now that I don’t like to throw food away. I’ll scarf down Ladybug’s untouched scrambled eggs, recycle her sweet peas in a casserole and make sandwiches out of her half-eaten bread. But there’s one thing I won’t touch anymore: her yogurt.

Oh, sure, I used to finish it off after she said “All done!” and handed me the slimy-sided container. That all changed after I sat down to watch her eat it.

She’d stick the spoon straight in the cup, barely managing to scoop up any yogurt, then slurp it up – typical eating style for Ladybug. Then, deciding she’d had enough, she leaned her head over the cup and hocked a loogie.

“All done!” she said proudly, passing me the half-eaten yogurt.

Eeeeewwwww. Me too, all done.

To share your thoughts and to read other comments, click HERE.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home