Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Happy Birthday, Ladybug!

Another birthday for Ladybug has come and gone. As I stood at her crib tonight, holding her hand as she said “Night-night Mommy,” I couldn’t believe she’s two. Could that much time have passed already?

It seems like only a few weeks ago that we gave her a toy walker for her first birthday to help with those early steps. And now here she is bouncing around the living room like Tigger. My, how time passes.

Ladybug’s birthday is extra special because she was born on the day my husband and I met. Fifteen years ago today our journey began in a Paris bistro. Who would have thought that we would be here today with the daughter we had named a week after we met?

But, really, what better way to celebrate the day?

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Ladybug! You are so very blessed with a loving and talented mother. I anticipate her blogs and thoroughly enjoy listening to all of your joys! My C-man is enduring all the same, as he will be 2 in April. Your mom's tales are hysterical and I feel certain you'll adore them when she reads them @ your wedding. Oddly enough, my husband and I were on a plane when we named our amazing C-man, years prior to his arrival. Happy b-day Ladybug, you must be a wonderful little one (So, are you Paris or Notre Dame Mahfoufi?)

February 14, 2008 at 2:52 PM  
Blogger Major Mom said...

Happy belated birthday, Ladybug!

February 15, 2008 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger Michelle Mahfoufi said...

c-mam's mum -- That's genius! I never thought of reading them at Ladybug's wedding. Thanks for the idea! And thanks to both of you for your birthday wishes. : )

February 17, 2008 at 7:30 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home